Skip navigation

Access Keys:

Small TextMedium TextLarge Text Change Article Size

Outing to Kenwood House 8 May

OUTING TO KENWOOD HOUSE, HAMPSTEAD, LONDON

 

Date:                                                Thursday 8th May 2014

Time of first pick-up:                      8.30am

Cost:                                                £23 per person  

Having had to cancel the outing to Strawberry Hill on 6th May due to changes to café and admission times, this replacement outing is to Kenwood House on 8th May instead.

The house crowns Hampstead Heath and was re-modelled by Robert Adam between 1764 and 1779 into a majestic villa for a great judge, the 1st Earl of Mansfield. Due to wear by time and weather the house was closed from April 2012 but re-opened in November 2013 after major conservation work to the roof and facades. It now reveals a re-presentation of wonderful Adam interiors, the outstanding Iveagh collection of paintings and opening of the restored ornamental Dairy set in Kenwood’s landscaped parkland by Humphrey Repton.

The outstanding art collection, mansion and grounds were bequeathed to the nation by brewery magnate, Edward Guinness, Earl of Iveagh in 1927. Paintings include Turner, Reynolds and Constable and there are a series of magnificent Robert Adam rooms.

We arrive with time for coffee, lunch in the restaurant or picnics at your own cost, and then a guided tour at 1.30pm for approx. 1 hour, cost included. The house is in the care of English Heritage but entry is free to everyone!

We will leave for home at approx. 4pm.

Further information is available from:

Mr & Mrs Openshaw, 16 Winston Drive, Bexhill, Sussex TN39 3RP, telephone number 01424 846369.


Social Media Subscribe to our RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter YouTube Channel Like Us on Facebook Find out What's On at Bexhill Museum Current Exhibitions at Bexhill Museum